Saturday, April 14, 2012
thing seven...
I have used flickr in the past at share with friends and family- it is a great way to show pictures to people who live far away and to see their pictures. I haven't used the account since 2007 and I found some classic pictures on my photostream from then.. of my wedding, of my puppy (now so much bigger!) It was fun. For the classroom, I'm not sure why I would use flickr opposed to google images, apparently students can see inappropriate pics on flickr too, and if they wanted to use the pictures so many of them are copyrighted that I think they would be as frustrated as I was for thing six!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think the main thing with flickr is the idea of sharing photos. You can upload pics and share them in a safe manner. If they are not public, you have less exposure for the students. The only way to access them is through a link that you provide through your website. Not 100% secure, but not searchable through the open web. Plus, it's a place to store your photos, like you have done. Google doesn't really do this although Picasa is a similar form of online photo sharing site.
ReplyDelete