Sunday, April 15, 2012

thing sixteen...

I have used google docs in the past for several different reasons. I started using it several years ago before the "cloud" really took off. I was married in 2007 and my mom was helping with invitations, so we put the entire guest list address book into google docs on an excel spreadsheet so we could both add names and then access all the info later when addressing the envelopes! I still use this as my address book and just add to it or update it whenever I need to.

I have also used it for a school trip. We kept all of the trip documents in google docs year after year so it would be in a central location for both myself and the other trip leader to access, update, and print! The next year we just had to go back to google docs and all our info was there! Magic!

Now in school I use it everyday for PBS.

3 comments:

  1. When the kids get their accounts, this will be embedded in our day. Can you think of ways to use this with the students?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think once they are trained, they will see that google docs is an easier way to save their work- as opposed to flash drives which they forget at home, lose, or simply don't own. Then to be able to access that document anywhere is very freeing

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gonna be great when all of this is set up and running! I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete